I played Nintendo Wii
Yesterday was a big day, one of those days you don't forget. I visited Expo-Comic, a convention about comics and video games (actually there were 7 square meters dedicated to them out of the 400 square meters available). I honestly don't give a damn about comics, so I spent all the 5 hours on the Cultura Otaku stand. They had 2 American wii's in two 32 inches Samsung HD televisions. The games they had were (appart of Wii Sports): Zelda Twilight Princess, Trauma Center and Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2.
I played myself Wii Sports (Bowling) and Trauma Center.
Well, remember I own a xbox 360, I didn't plan on buying a Wii, but the experience was amazing. I had read the Wiimote didn't work that well, that it was buggy, that it took a lot to show on the screen what you made with the hand, that your movements wasn't represented on the game accurately. All lies by Sonyers. Playing = Believing.
On the bowling game, which I played the first, I felt what you feel when you touch a console that hasn't been released on your territory yet, a console that will revolution the consoles world. You feel important.
Wii Sports bowling is a simple game, like all of the Wii Sports games, but it's so addictive! You start playing, and after a few seconds, you forget you have a Wiimote in your hand, and you feel you have a ball, and you get into the TV. You actually do control everything, you feel you are controlling everything in the game.
I saw Zelda Twilight Princess, and well, despite I haven't played any Zelda games in the past (N64 Zeldas), I didn't like the game. In my humble opinion it's too much button-pushing oriented, and less Wiimote moving actions, but like I said above, Playing is Believing.
Trauma Center was probably the best of the games I saw. It's realistic, let me explain myself, it doesn't work exactly like real life, I'm not gonna be a medician for playing it, but it's realistic in the way that you get nervous when you are saving lifes, like in real life. The pointer in the screen is very sensible and accurate, if your hand is shaking, the pointer will vibrate in the screen, and it'll be hard to make the surgery.
Well and that's all. Wii is out in Europe, a friend of mine got it so I'm looking forward to going to try it with him. Anyway I felt very glad to have been able to try it before it were released.
You've seen tons of pics of it, but I leave a couple I made:
The top cover. (with the GameCube controller ports)
The Wiimote receiver.
No disc tray, like in PS3.
No comments:
Post a Comment